Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Significant Other

I think I love you
p less than point oh five
Not that I have any data
with which to calculate
my test statistic

I think Sternberg's triangle
is on to something.
Love involves my head
and my heart
and a surge of vasocongestion to my vulva and vaginal structures.
But without getting into why,
his theory is difficult to test.

Lee's styles of loving
sound nice
but they are fodder for
women's magazines and
self help books.
That's just silliness.

Attachment theory
and neuroscience
have some good ideas.
You make me feel good.
An increase in oxytocin!

The Supremes nailed it.
Whenever you're near
I hear a symphony.
But I cannot quantify it.

Still
your laughter correlates highly
with my own.
I could test that.
Operationalize by counting
the number of laughs
when we are apart
when we are together
Now I have empirical evidence!

I love you
p less than point oh five

No comments:

Post a Comment